Skip to main content

Why Spoonie Soup?

WELCOME TO SPOONIE SOUP! 🥄🍜


Why did I name this page "Spoonie Soup"? And why create this blog at all?

Simple..."The Spoon Theory" is relevant to my life. And "Spoonie Soup" will simply be the ingredients that go into making this chronically ill life chronically fabulous. And, sometimes, a chronic pain in the ass. For those who haven't read "The Spoon Theory", the link is below. 

The Spoon Theory

So, a bit about me & why/how I'm a spoonie.
If you've clicked the link, I assume you will have guessed that I deal with chronic pain conditions. Here are some of the health issues I fight on a regular basis:

Fibromyalgia
Rheumatoid Arthritis
Osteoarthritis
DDD
Diabetes
Migraines
IBS
PTSD
Depression
Anxiety
and the myriad of symptoms that come with each of these conditions. 

I don't feel as though I'm an expert on any of these conditions. If you need expert advice, please, see a doctor. I'm just here to share a little piece of my life with you, in the hopes that I can make you laugh, remind you that you are not alone, and maybe share some tips and comfort as we fight this crap together.

I am not one to sugar coat things, I'm blunt. But I'm also compassionate. If you're easily offended by language, sarcastic humor, or brutal honesty, you should probably move on. 
My life is sometimes messy. If you've found this page, I'll assume yours is as well. But that's why spoonies need each other! We understand the mess, we can rejoice with each other in the simple victories, like cooking a meal, sweeping the floor, etc. And we also "get it" that on some days, putting on shoes is a huge accomplishment. This is a judgment-free zone. We all have to walk this path in our own way...sometimes that's at a leisurely pace, sometimes a quick sprint while we use that teeny bit of energy we've got, sometimes we drop to all fours and crawl, and at other, worse times, we are pushed and pulled by our support team. And that's ok. However we each choose to do this, it's ok. The haters, the judges, the "I know better how to live your life than you do" assholes? FUCK 'EM! Because when we are lying in bed feeling excruciating pain, struggling with the decision to even get up to use the bathroom...they are nowhere to be seen. Therefore, they should not be heard! 

You know what I think about spoonies? I think we're the badasses, the fighters, the warriors! We tolerate and persevere through things that would bring the biggest, baddest dudes straight to their knees with their nuts in their throats. And we keep going. Yes, we stop to rest, sometimes for days or weeks. But we ALWAYS get up again. I know this because our success rate for making it through any tough day, no matter how intense, is 100%! So straighten your crown, Spoonie Queens, and rock this shit with me! We only have one life to live...so let's make it the best we can, laugh through it, poke fun at ourselves, give each other a shoulder to cry on, outstretch a hand when we're able, give hope when needed, and be kind...always. 
Please bear with me, as this is a new page, so the content is minimal at best. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog